Solar Saver Program
Solar Saver helps Darebin residents, businesses and organisations to install solar panels - saving you money on your energy bills.
- We'll pay the upfront cost for the system, and you (or your landlord) pay it off over ten years, interest free.
- The savings you make on your energy bills will more than outweigh your repayments to Council, leaving you better off.
- A range of sizes of systems are available. For most households, the bigger the system, the better the payback.
- Council has done the work to help you access:
- A reliable supplier and installer
- Quality panels and inverters
- Extended warranties (25 years for the panels; 10 years for the inverter and installation)
- A discounted price.
- There have been two previous rounds of Solar Saver, and so far nearly 500 households have benefitted from the program and another 480 will have solar systems installed later this year.
- The current round of Solar Saver is full, however you can register now for the next round, which will get underway later this year, with installations to occur from early 2019.
If solar is a viable option for your household, you will be offered a no-obligation quote. The solar provider will talk you through what size of system will work for your house and your budget.
(Registration will take approximately 10 minutes)
Don't have time to register? Leave your contact details and we'll get in touch with you.
Solar Saver information session
To learn more about what the Solar Saver program can do for you and how to participate, come along to our information session.
Date: Tuesday 3 July
Time: 2:30 - 3:30pm
Location: Reservoir Community and Learning Centre
(23 Edwardes Street, Reservoir)
Register for information session
Frequently Asked Questions
To learn more about this program, have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
Read more in your language Arabic, English, Chinese, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Macedonian, Somali, Vietnamese.
Solar Bulk Buy Program
Like Solar Saver, this program offers Darebin households, organisations and businesses an opportunity to purchase a quality solar system from a trusted supplier at a great price and with all the same warranties. The main difference is that participants pay upfront for their solar system, and have a little more flexibility in which kind of system they can choose. To find out more about the differences between the programs please read our Frequently Asked Questions below.
Register your interest now.
Note: We cannot guarantee you will be accepted into the program of your choice as this will depend on your eligibility and the suitability of your property for solar.
If you have any questions please check our Frequently Asked Questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 8470 8888.