Free hard waste collections are available for Darebin residents.
Your Hard Waste and Recycling Collection
Council provides two free hard waste and recycling collections for Darebin residents each year:
- Winter - a Council-wide, area-based collection (no booking required)
- Spring - a limited number of pre-booked collections
Winter Area-Based Collection- 29 May - 30 June 2017 (No booking required)
The next Council-wide, area-based winter collection will take place from Monday 29 May - Friday 30 June 2017.
We set the dates and times for these each year and collect from a whole area at the same time.
You will receive our hard waste brochure and exact date of your collection two weeks before your areas collection week.
Find your collection week on the Hard Waste Collection Map.
During Council's hard waste and recycling collection, it is important to remember:
- Only place items out between the time and date indicated on your brochure
- Different types of items will be collected on different days
- Do not add to your piles after 6.00am on the Monday of your collection week
- Items put out late will not be collected.
Conditions of Collection
To ensure your hard waste and recycling is collected you must meet the Conditions of Collection. Conditions include how, when and what you can put out for collection.
See the Conditions of Collection and Acceptable and Unacceptable Items, or read the Frequently Asked Questions for further details.
Spring Limited Collection (Bookings Only)
The next Spring Limited collection will run from September 2017. Exact dates and booking information will be confirmed closer to the collection.
For bookings or more information about collections:
Phone: 8470 8888